Enniskerry Heartsavers will hold the following free courses on Saturday 15th November in Curtlestown School:
– 9.00am – 12.45pm: AED/CPR course
– 1.30pm – 5.00pm: SafeTALK course on Suicide Awareness
To book a place on either or both of these courses, please phone or text:
– AED/CPR course: Pat – 086 256 4468
– SafeTALK course on Suicide Awareness: Eileen – 086 606 3537
There is no charge for either courses. There will be soup and rolls served to anyone attending both courses.
SafeTALK Program Goals include:
– Challenge attitudes that inhibit open talk about suicide.
– Recognize a person who might be having thoughts of suicide.
– Engage them in direct and open talk about suicide.
– Listen to the person’s feelings about suicide and show that they are taken seriously.
– Move quickly to connect them with someone trained in suicide intervention.
The SafeTALK courses are being run on behalf of the Soccer and Gaelic clubs of Enniskerry, Enniskerry CFR Group (Enniskerry Heartsavers) and the HSE.