Enniskerry Forum facilitated a public information meeting last Thursday September 4th in relation to the above planning application. The meeting took place in the Powerscourt Arms Hotel and was well attended. The Forum would like to acknowledge the presence of the developer Richard Lacey and public representatives Chris Fox, John Ryan and Stephen Matthews. There was a wide ranging discussion and many comments and observations were made. The following is a summary of the key matters raised:
– Traffic implications in and around the proposed site area.
– The style of houses – are they in keeping with the general character of the village?
– Layout of the houses within the proposed development.
– The plans and drawings lodged for the application lacked some detail.
– The ongoing position of access to Lovers Leap right of way and walk.
– No Environmental Impact study was completed; this is not mandatory for this application.
– The preservation of sight lines to the Sugar Loaf.
– The preservation of what is a natural heritage area and avoiding the creation of an urban landscape.
– Ongoing flooding issues on the Cookstown Road.
– Impact on the village sewerage system – could it handle the additional houses?
– Future applications and re zoning.
– Would the proposed sheltered housing be suitably located for elderly people?
The attendees were reminded that any submissions and observations needed to be lodged with Wicklow County Council by close of business on Wednesday 10th September. Individual residents and other groups can only formally object to An Bord Pleanala in relation to the application if they made a submission to Wicklow County Council in the first instance (i.e. by 10th September). Enniskerry Forum will be making a submission based on many of the issues above.